Saturday, May 13, 2006

barCamp mumbai

I Just came back after attending barCamp Mumbai for the 1st time at Pawai IIT. Sorry buddies not to mention about this event earlier, 'caz I myself came to know about it yesterday night through Arindam.

Well, I was not aware of what it will be all about. When i reached there with Sagar and Surojit at about 1.30pm, I found the list of interesting sessions to attened. There were 28 sessions to attend.. out of which i attended 3 of them (as i reached late there). Next time, i will make a pont that i reach on time. :)

1st Session - Mobiles, Micro-content and Moblogs" conducted by Veer Bothra.
What i liked was: the idea of sharing mobile photos over the net in 4 easy steps using their company's product called mobylog. User can upload the photos using GPRS to their email IDs, Flickr and at personal website address.

2nd Session - "RIA/Flex" conducted my Manish Jethani
What i liked was: the showcase of Flex's capabilities, his explanations on differences between Flash AS 1.0 and Flash AS 3.0 and the way he settled the debate on Ajax vs Flex raised by Mahesh Murthy.

3rd Session - "Search engines, marketing and mathematics" conducted by Mahesh Murthy.
What i liked was: the indepth knowledge on the mechanism of Google's Ads Space, the way they sell the Ad Space and the way their company called PinStorm offers solutions to the advertisers by evaluating meta tags.

I hope, barCamp people will make their events more noticable, so more people can attend it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Pratik -- james from simpleninja.com here. I totally intend to follow up more on my experiences at BarCamp as it unfolds. We still have another day to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... Another day? I was not aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fine, you are talking about Canada's BarCamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    More on BarCampMumbai http://ak47surve.blogspot.com

    Truly Search Engines Marketing and MAthematis was coOL !!!

    ReplyDelete