Thursday, July 27, 2006

Human Factors International - offers courses for being Usability Experts

Few days ago I was complaining to myself that WHY INDIA DO NOT HAVE ANY INSTITUTIONS FOR HCI [Human Computer Interaction] in INDIA. When I met Aadesh and Bhooshan, I came to know about really an interesting thing about Institute for Human Computer Interaction and that also in Mumbai [Bandra].

It came to me as a surprise that it's there in India. The name of the institute is "Human Factors International Inc". I visited their site that is http://www.humanfactors.com/ and seems to be very interesting to me. My friends who have attended these classes told me that it is really an amazing stuff to attend even if you have immense knowledge in Usability, it just change the way you look at the things in terms of usability.

That statement made me eager to know more about it and now I am planning to go for it in near future.

If you people know any other institutes in India, who offers such courses on usability, please, let me know.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    Would you recommend a course by HFI?

    There is one coming up next month in Bangalore. I need a solid review.

    Let me know.

    This course is: Science and Art of Web and Application Design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... ur good name???

    Well, i have few friend here in Mumbai who have gone through HFI courses. If you want I can speak to them and get back to you on it.

    Prash

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,

    i am planning for a full 10 day course dats comming up in Mumbai. If possible could you help me in getting details regarding that course.. like howz the faculty, curriculum and so on..

    your help is appreciated.
    chirutha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:39 PM

    Apart from HFI's there is one more place in pune which has similar courses. Its Genesis Usability and is conducted by Atul Manohar.
    Below is the link where you can find the details
    http://www.genesishci.com/training.htm
    The course fee is very less as compared to HFI's. Approx 9k i am correct.

    And then there is one more which is conducted by Prof. Aniruddha Joshi from Industrial Design Centre (IDC), IIT Bombay. His courses are announced on his site. The next course if from June 29 to July 8, 2005 in IIT Bombay. You can get more details on below link:
    http://www.idc.iitb.ac.in/~anirudha/workshopJunJul05.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Sanjay for such a usefull information.

    Prash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...I went through your replies and you have posted numbers of your friends. Just wanted to know if i could call them up regarding the courses they have taken up.

    Cheers,
    Sudha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sure!!!

    I am sure, they won't mind talking to you regarding courses.

    Prash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:57 PM

    Hi..

    I am enrolling for the schedule which is to be held in Mumbai in Nov'08 last week. They do have a schedule in b'lore in Oct'08. I was also little inquisitive about the feedback and the trainers. Have anyone attended these seminars..

    Need some reviews for the courses.. Just attneding the first 2 modules as of now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have attended all 4 courses in July 2007 and at that time all faculties were great.

    Course 1 - User-centered analysis and conceptual design by Abhijit Thosar

    Course 2 - The science and art of effective Web and application design by Hitesh Agarwal

    Course 3 - Practical usability testing by Sushmita Munshi

    Course 4 - Putting research into practice by Hitesh Agarwal and Sachin

    Thanks,
    http://www.PrashantPoladia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:06 AM

    Hiii prashant
    i am a fresh graduate and seeking a career in User interface designing and Human computer interface.
    what masters degree and courses i should go for..
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Anonymous :)... I read your post today so i don't know how old it is. Do you still need any suggestion?

      Delete