Tuesday, August 09, 2011

PMBOK and Agile

After getting PMP certified in May 2011, recently, I conducted a session in my company on an Overview of Agile and Scrum. This allowed me to explore Agile further and further, which took me to the point where I started getting a feeling and hearing that PMBOK is Waterfall Methodology based process and Agile is not part of it.

I started googling and also viewed YouTube videos to my doubts. Finally, I found different supportive videos and pages which proved that it was my misconception, my myth. PMBOK is guide, it is standards for Project Management. PMBOK teaches of WHAT do in Project management and Agile's different methodology teaches you HOW to implement that in Software Development by using suitable methodology like Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Crystal, Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), Feature-Driven Development (FDD), Lean Software Development. PMBOK is a guide and Agile's methodology tells you how to do. PMBOK does not echo waterfall.

Agile is a philosophy. Agile is a way of Thinking and not just doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment