Friday, August 12, 2011

Usability Presentation

It was pleasant experience to take a session on Usability in my office. Almost after 2 years I connected my roots to UX world and it refreshed me a lot. In the session I touched upon various principles of Usability by giving real life examples so that my colleagues understands them correctly. I also discussed about bad usability examples by showing few images of Local Trains Restroom, burner etc.

To clear the understanding of Conceptual Model and how it can be applied to interface designing, I gave an exercise to the audience for adding a contact to others mobile phone of different mobile company.

After sharing couple of examples on how Usability can be applied to real life objects around us, asked everyone to note down 1 or 2 items that they think in our quadrant should be more usable or not usable at all. Everyone came up with various items that impacted their day to day activities in office due to bad usability product.

Overall, it was a nice experience to brush upon Usability Principles. I am hoping to take such very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment